Becoming a Top Rated Seller Plus
When sellers take care of their buyers, eBay takes care of their sellers. Maintaining and constantly improving seller performance standards secures benefits that help sellers rise to the top.
Whether they sell a little or a lot, sellers can qualify to become a Top Rated Seller provided they meet the highest levels of customer service.
But there’s more!
Here we will show you what it takes to become a Top Rated Seller Plus and the rewards that go with it.
Once you are qualified as a Top Rated Seller, your listings will need to offer:
- Same or 1-business-day handling time, and;
- 30-day or longer free returns
From July 2020, free returns must be based on your item’s location in order for you to qualify for Top Rated Plus:
- If the item location is in the same country as the eBay site you listed on, you need to offer 30-day free domestic returns.
- If the item location isn’t in the same country as the eBay site you listed on, you need to offer 30-day free international returns.
- The Top Rated Plus seal will be displayed prominently in search results and in the listing description.
- A 10% discount on your standard final value fees, which is calculated on the total amount of the sale, including shipping and tax. The discount does not apply to the $0.30 per order portion of the final value fee.
- The 10% final value fee discount is only available to sellers living in the country in which they’re Top Rated. For example, if you’re selling through ebay.com, you must live in the US to qualify for this discount.
- The discount does not apply to any additional final value fees applied to sales in categories where you’re rated as “very high” in your service metrics for Item Not as Described returns.
The Top Rated Plus benefits don’t apply to:
- Items listed in the Real Estate and Specialty Services categories
- Items with local pickup only
In some product categories, the discount benefit can be extended (without the seal) even if you don’t offer 30-day free returns.
Here is the full list of circumstances where the discount benefit applies:
In Jewelry & Watches, and most Collectibles & Art categories, you need to offer 14-day free returns. When you use freight shipping or sell items in the following categories, you need to offer 30-day or longer returns, but the buyer pays for return shipping:
- Motors > Automotive Tools & Supplies
- Motors > Parts & Accessories
- Movies & TV
- Musical Instruments & Gear
You don’t have to accept returns for these categories:
- Business & Industrial
- Cell Phones, Smart Watches & Accessories > Cell Phone Cards & SIM Cards > Cell Phone SIM Cards
- Coins & Paper Money > Bullion
- Coins & Paper Money > Virtual Currency
- Computers, Tablets & Network Hardware > Computer Printers, Scanners & Supplies > Printer Ink, Toner & Paper > Printer Ink Cartridges
- Computers, Tablets & Network Hardware > Computer Printers, Scanners & Supplies > Printer Ink, Toner & Paper > Printer Toner Cartridges
- Computers, Tablets & Network Hardware > Computer Software
- Gift Cards & Coupons
- Home & Garden > Food & Beverages
- Home & Garden > Yard, Garden & Outdoor Living > Plants, Seeds & Bulbs > Plants & Seedlings
- Pet Supplies > Bird Supplies > Food & Treats
- Pet Supplies > Cat Supplies > Cat Food
- Pet Supplies > Dog Supplies > Dog Food
- Pet Supplies > Fish & Aquariums > Coral & Live Rock
- Pet Supplies > Fish & Aquariums > Food
- Pet Supplies > Fish & Aquariums > Live Fish
- Pet Supplies > Fish & Aquariums > Live Invertebrates
- Pet Supplies > Fish & Aquariums > Live Plants
- Pet Supplies > Small Animal Supplies > Small Animal Food
- Sporting Goods > Fishing > Baits, Lures & Flies > Live Bait
- Tickets & Experiences
- Trading Cards (Sports Trading Cards, Non-Sports Trading Cards, and Collectible Card Games)
eBay strictly does not allow adding badges or promoting seller status in item listings or descriptions. This policy protects the eBay Top-Rated Seller status, and prevents abuse by users who may not actually have this status.
The policy states:
- Sellers are not allowed to use the eBay Top-Rated Seller (eTRS) logos, icons, or similar artwork on eBay, other websites, or offline materials
- Sellers may not make any claims about being a Top-Rated Seller in their item description, even if they hold that status
- eBay’s name and logos are registered trademarks protected by Intellectual property law, and sellers need permission to use them
Non-compliance to this policy could result in a range of actions including:
- administratively ending or canceling listings,
- hiding or demoting all listings from search results,
- lowering seller rating,
- buying or selling restrictions,
- account suspension
All fees paid or payable in relation to listings or accounts on which we take any action will not be refunded or otherwise credited to your account.