Using the eBay Promotions Manager
One of the most effective ways to increase sales is by offering discounts, incentives or bundled bargains. The Promotions Manager is a free & handy tool offered to Store subscribers. It helps you create customised offers and coupons to encourage buyers to spend more in your store while improving your items’ visibility and moving your inventory faster.
For items to be eligible for the Promotions Manager, your listing must be in a fixed price format with ‘Buy It Now’ pricing. Your items will appear at the advertised price, and the discount will be applied in your buyer’s shopping cart.
Why use it?
- With the ability to create amazing offers, the Promotions Manager helps your items stand out in search results which increase traffic and store visibility.
- With bundled offers and shipping discounts, the likelihood of a sale is increased, encouraging healthy inventory movement.
- With the flexibility of scheduled offers, you can plan ahead to manage busier periods like holidays and festival seasons.
- Show markdowns with a strikethrough price and include/exclude items as per your preference.
- Create a dedicated offer page for you to showcase your promotions through email and social media.
How can promotions help?
Promotions help you:
- Increase order size and revenue
- Merchandise inventory
- Gain marketing exposure
- Lower shipping costs
Promotions help your buyers:
- Easily discover items to purchase
- Find accessories and related items
- Lower shipping cost per item
- Benefit from special savings
Incentivize buyers to spend more in your store by setting minimum order-size discounts:
- Buy 1 and get 1 at 50% off board games.
- Save 15% when you buy 2 or more men’s dress shirts.
- Save $25 when you spend $125 or more on women’s new arrivals.
Create a markdown sale event with the Promotions Manager in categories you choose:
- Save up to 30% on all laptops.
- Save up to 50% on last season’s winter gear.
Let buyers save on shipping when they buy more:
- Free shipping on orders over $49.
- Free 2-day shipping on orders over $99.
Incentivise buyers to buy more quantities of your items by setting meaningful discounts on multi-quantity purchases:
- Save 5% when you buy 2.
- Save 10% when you buy 3.
- Save 15% when you buy 4+.
Create and share your own discount codes for buyers to apply at checkout. You can share these coupons via email or social media to all or select buyer groups:
- Use code “REPEAT5” for $5 off your next order.
- Buy 1, get 1 at 20% off coupon code.
Go to the Seller Hub. Click on My eBay > Selling
Click on Marketing > Promotions
Click on ‘Create a Promotion’ located on the top right corner and select your preferred type of promotion. Now you can set the parameters of your offer.
Once you’re satisfied with your settings, select Launch or schedule your promotion if you’d like to run your campaign at a later date.
Plan your promotional marketing strategy with our starter guide.