Your market research guide
Selling on eBay can be overwhelming if you don’t know what to sell. The best way to make a decision on what you are going to sell is by conducting market research. This gives you guidance and pointers on the first steps towards building your eBay online business.
Thorough market research can help you:
- Gauge if there is a demand for your products – is there an interest in what you are selling?
- Understand your unique selling point (USP) – what makes you stand out from the rest?
- Have a competitive pricing advantage – are you pricing too high or too low?
- Choose the best products to sell that can bring you the highest returns – are the products you sell making you a profit?
- Know the most suitable locations to sell your products – are you selling to the right countries?
Two ways to help you optimise your listings:
Search for your product keywords manually on other global sites. This will allow you to do an in-depth comparison on your listing vs. others in terms of wording, pricing, etc)
Terapeak (free on the Seller Hub)
This exclusive tool shows you how your competitors are performing and what you need to do to improve your listings.